All students applying to attend a New Orleans Public School for the first time, or to transfer schools, should apply during the Main Round.
The OneApp now includes programs for all New Orleans’ students: early childhood education for students ages infant – 4, as well as k-12 schools!
- Do not submit an application if you would like your child to remain at his / her current school. If you submit an application and your child receives a placement, your child will lose their current school placement.
- All Main Round applications will be processed at the same time, including applications to schools with academic entrance requirements. There is no advantage given to students who apply to schools without academic entrance requirements during the Early Window.
If you would like to apply to a school with academic entrance requirements, you must submit your application by the Early Window Deadline, which is December 18, 2015. These schools will have a “push pin” icon next to their school profile in the application materials. THE EARLY WINDOW DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
- If you are applying to schools without academic entrance requirements, you must submit your application by February 26, 2016.
- For the 2016-2017 Early Childhood process, all applicants need to complete the OneApp. Students already in a publicly funded seat in an early learning center who will remain in their public funding source in August 2016 will receive a priority to continue at their current early learning center IF they complete the OneApp in Main Round (November 2 –February 26, 2016) and list their current center as their first choice.
- Please note that applications for students ages infant – 4 years old can be submitted online only. You can find out more information about the early childhood application and participating programs here.